- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Alexana Winery 2015 Zena Crown Vineyard Pinot Noir, Eola-Amity Hills, $65
While the climate influences at highly regarded Zena Crown Vineyard are different than at Alexana in the Dundee Hills, namely the cooling afternoon breeze through the Van Duzer Corridor, volcanic soil types are found at both sites. It’s no coincidence that Zena Crown fruit shows similarity to some of the Alexana estate Pinot Noirs that Byran Weil excels with. His work off this Salmon-Safe site purchased by Jackson Family Wines in 2013 mimics a raspberry cobbler with tones of caramel and cardamom, joined by hints of cherry pipe tobacco, a pinch of moist earth and blueberry skins.
Production: 173 cases