- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Rio Vista Wines 2016 Sunset on the River, Columbia Valley, $32
This superb pinkish blend grown and produced near Lake Chelan includes Pinot Gris (60%) and Gewürztraminer (20%) from the White family’s Columbia River estate along with Viognier from acclaimed Antoine Creek Vineyard just upstream. The result is aromas of sweet strawberry sorbet and fresh roses, followed by flavors of light strawberry and fresh rose petals. It’s a gorgeous wine that isn’t overly sweet and is fascinating to drink. This won a double gold at the Seattle Wine Awards and a double gold and best of class at the 2017 Wenatchee Wine Competition on its way to a Double Platinum at the 18th annual Platinum Judging for Wine Press Northwest magazine.
Production: 258 cases