- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Mill Lane Winery NV Rhubarb-Cranberry Wine, Washington, $18
Few, if any, wineries in the Northwest offer as much variety among nongrape wines as Dan and Deana Ferris, who recently celebrated the fifth anniversary of their South Puget Sound Winery in the Olympia, Wash., suburb of Tenino. In this case, Dan, the winemaker and a longtime basketball official, hauls in cranberries from a bog in nearby Rochester and blends in rhubarb for a bright, clean and tasty patio wine. Aromas of strawberry, rhubarb and cranberry are joined by fascinating hints of Douglas fir spear tip tea. They lead to fruit-forward flavors dominated strawberry candy and a steady pulse of cranberry, backed by ample acidity to balance to the 3% residual sugar. This spring, it earned a silver medal at the 2018 Capital Food and Wine Festival Wine Competition.
Production: 100 cases