- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Tucannon Cellars 2012 Syrah, Walla Walla Valley, $45
Fruit from Syrah vines off Mill Creek Vineyard in the Walla Walla Valley made their way to this young winery on the shoulders of Red Mountain. Aromas of cured meat, elderberry, dark chocolate and mint lead to flavors of blackberry, poached plum and baking spice. Dark raspberry acidity leads to a tannin profile that blossoms into a rounded finish of caramel. The Warren family’s Sugar Pine Barn occasionally stages a barbecue, and this drink-now Syrah would be a suitable accompaniment to brisket.
Production: 76 cases