- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Stag’s Hollow Winery and Vineyard 2016 Grenache, Okanagan Valley, $26
A year ago, British Columbia winemaker Dwight Sick stunned the 2017 Judgment of Geyserville panel in Sonoma with his Grenache portfolio, led by his 2014 Renaissance. This blend from Kiln House Vineyard on Penticton’s West Bench and Hearle Vineyard to the south near Osoyoos was barely in the 500-liter French puncheons at that point, and while it’s a baby, it’s rather yummy. Aromas of strawberry, sweet herbs and cherry pipe tobacco lead to rich red fruit flavors, a pleasing mouth feel, more herbs and a finish that includes a flash of pomegranate and a peppermill’s turn.
Production: 220 cases