- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Nine Hats Wines 2016 Red Wine, Columbia Valley, $20
The brand that is Long Shadows Vintners resonates beyond the Pacific Northwest, and Allen Shoup and director of winemaking Gilles Nicault have been growing the audience for their entry-level Nine Hats Wines since their debut in 2007. In this case, each lot of Cabernet Sauvignon (50%), Merlot (25%) and Syrah were under consideration at one point for Feather, Pedestal and Sequel programs, respectively. Together, here they exude aromas and flavors of milk chocolate, blueberry pie, dusty black cherry and vanilla. Solid tannin managements allows the fruit to trickle beyond the finish.
Production: 7,200 cases