- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Gehringer Brothers Estate Winery 2017 Classic Riesling, Okanagan Valley, $13
Best Buy! Walter and Gordon Gehringer’s latest Classic Riesling lives up to its billing, with brilliant varietal aromas of grapefruit, lime, honey and peach from its Okanagan Valley fruit. In the mouth, it adds apple and kiwi, plus refreshing acidity and a trace of sweetness. It’s officially off-dry, but the acidity makes it an excellent food wine Asian fare, especially if it contains lemongrass, lime and yellow or green curry. This won a gold medal and best of class at the sixth annual Cascadia International Wine Competition.
Production: 2,500 cases