- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Clearwater Canyon Cellars 2014 Selway Red Wine, Washington, $45
This Malbec-based blend starts out strong with minerality and then yields to the Merlot (30%), offering chocolate covered cherries, followed by fragrant Cabernet Franc offering up bouquets of violets. The tannins and concentrated fruit offered by Petit Verdot (26%) round out this exciting blend by rising winemaking talent Coco Umiker, whose deft use of Syrah (3%) provides silkiness to the finish. This melange of two Washington vineyards — Rock n’ J Vineyard near Asotin and Phinny Hill in the Horse Heaven Hills — by this Idaho winery won a double gold medal and best of class at the sixth annual Cascadia International Wine Competition. Her Selway from the 2013 vintage captured a double gold at the 2016 San Francisco International Wine Competition.
Production: 156 cases