- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Boomtown by Dusted Valley 2015 Syrah, Washington, $19
These wines are viewed as “little brothers” to the Dusted Valley Vintners lineup, and fruit from the bountiful Wahluke Slope is the secret sauce for the winemaking trio of Chad Johnson, Corey Braunel and Griffin Frey. Aromas of blueberry, huckleberry, elderberry, light toast, tar and clove are matched on the vibrant palate. The injection of Grenache (4%) adds to the acidity, which leads into the finish of sweet herbs and blueberry cola.
Production: 1,500 cases