- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Washington Hills Winery 2016 Chardonnay, Washington, $10
Best Buy! Precept’s director of winemaking, Hal Landvoigt, continues to show some flair in his work with the consumer-focused Washington Hills brand, which observes its 30th anniversary in 2018. He used lots from four distinct growing regions — high-elevation Frenchman Hills in the proposed Royal Slope, Goose Ridge in the proposed Goose Gap, Wallula in the Horse Heaven Hills and Willow Crest in the Yakima Valley. It’s very lightly oaked as Asian pear, lemon and Golden Delicious apple aromas lead to flavors of Bosc pear, pineapple, vanilla and lemon oil. Pleasing weight and enjoyable acidity make this an easy drink. These wines are available through Total Wines & More.
Production: 2,976 cases