- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Mosquito Fleet Winery 2014 Merlot, Walla Walla Valley $29
The S.S. Puget enjoyed a 15-year run, from 1908 to 1923, as one of the medium-sized passenger ferries in the Mosquito Fleet that plied the waters of Puget Sound. Bremerton-area chiropractor/winemaker Brian Peterson pays homage with these six barrels of Merlot. Its alluring perfume brings in cola, black cherry, clove and ylang ylang. On the palate, there’s classic touches of Washington Merlot as Bing cherry, dark chocolate and clove notes come with redoubtable tannins that finish with juicy blueberry, pomegranate and cocoa powder.
Production: 150 cases