- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
The Huntsman 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley $16
Precept Wine enjoyed success with The Hunstman tier of Cabernet Sauvignon during its long connection with Woodinville-based Ross Andrew Winery, so Precept has created a Cab-focused brand called The Huntsman. This young Cab is filled with fruit from Precept-controlled vineyards such as Canyon Vineyard Ranch, Willow Crest and young Skyfall, but Goose Ridge and underrated Doval on the Wahluke Slope show up significantly. The nose of black cherry, blueberry and baking spices flow into pleasing red fruit flavors such as red currant and Tieton cherry, which are met by smooth tannins and a long finish.
Production: 3,920 cases