- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Ruby Vineyard and Winery 2015 Estate Blend Pinot Noir, Chehalem Mountains, $45
Steve Hendricks and Flora Habibi purchased Beran Vineyard in 2012, a site south of Hillsboro, Ore., that’s home to plantings that date back to 1973. Their winemaker, Andrew Kirkland, blended clones of Pommard, Wädenswil and Dijon 115 harvested during a hot vintage on Sept. 14-15 for a fruit-forward and robust theme of black cherry and black currant. Pleasing oak spice from 10 months in neutral French barrels melds with raspberry acidity on the midpalate and a long finish of plum skins and Western serviceberry.
Production: 700 cases