- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
TruthTeller Winery 2017 Quip Rosé, Yakima Valley, $15
Best Buy! Two years ago, Chris Loeliger changed the name of this business from Jester Cellars to TruthTeller Winery, and his Bandol-inspired rosé fits nicely within the theme of his brand. His relationship with Sugarloaf Vineyard stems from being a worthy customer of Joe Hattrup, owner of nearby Elephant Mountain Vineyard, and the direct-to-press Mourvèdre is reminiscent of Provence, starting with its salmon color. Aromas of nectarine skin, cherry blossom, yellow grapefruit and strawberry lead to a fleshy and refreshing drink of melon and peach that carries a pretty pop of lemon/lime in the finish.
Production: 160 cases