- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Dusted Valley Vintners 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley, $42
Four of the Northwest’s top vineyards come together for this superb expression of Cab by one of Walla Walla’s premier producers. Brothers-in-law Chad Johnson and Corey Braunel arranged for fruit from StoneTree on the Wahluke Slope, Dionysus with historic Sagemoor, Olsen Family in the Yakima Valley and Southwind in the Walla Walla Valley — an estate site for DVV. They blended in Petit Verdot (6%) and Merlot (5%) for added intensity on the palate, which are led into by aromas of dusty cherry, red currant and oregano. The lush dark red fruit profile of cassis and cherry is accented by a gorgeous touch of oak, which included one barrel of new Wisconsin oak. Raspberry and Craisins only begin to describe the finish, which the Wisconsin boys suggest serving with Braised Lamb Shanks and White Beans.
Production: 1,500 cases