- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Talent Cellars 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon, Oregon, $44
Talent Cellars lived up to its name in crafting its 2015 old vines Cabernet Sauvignon as Walla Walla-trained winemaker Matt Newbry used historic Windrow Vineyard near Milton-Freewater, Ore. Its subtle suave black cherry and dark berry aromas show a careful hand in grape selection. In the mouth, the black cherry adds blackberry and plum flavors, then dark chocolate, clove and smooth tannins in its juicy, satisfying finish. This up-and-coming winery in the Southern Oregon town of Talent won a gold medal and best of class at the sixth annual Cascadia International Wine Competition.
Production: 274 cases