- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Backyard Vineyards 2017 Chardonnay, British Columbia, $22
Niagara native James Cambridge came to Backyard Vineyards in Langley, B.C., with a resume that includes a number of the Okanagan Valley premier producers. Here, he’s crafted a Chardonnay that features aromas of apple and citrus, plus flavors of sweet apple, lime, pineapple and mango. Its crisp acidity sweeps away a bare hint of residual sugar, and the two elements combine for a delicious, rounded finish. This won a gold medal at the sixth annual Cascadia International Wine Competition.
Production: 264 cases