- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Columbia Winery 2015 Cabernet Franc, Horse Heaven Hills, $35
As part of its AVA Series, Columbia Winery and head winemaker Sean Hails continue to focus their efforts with Cabernet Franc in the Horse Heaven Hills. The results are true to the variety – and then some. Dense herbaceousness and dark blue notes hint at black cherry and blueberry with Italian herb mix and red bell pepper aromas. They are mirrored on the palate as more herbs get sifted into the nicely managed tannins and pie cherry acidity. On the way out, there is a sprinkling of brown sugar and long trail of charming black cherry flavors. Fans of Carménère will find a great deal to like here. Enjoy with lean cuts of meat such as marinated flank steak.
Production: 847 cases