- Union Wine Co. doubles production, adds sales reps beyond Oregon
- Abacela brings home more gold with Grenache rosé
- Individual tickets available for 32nd annual IPNC in Oregon
- Taste Washington grows attendance by 15 percent
- Deep roots in wine lead Elizabeth Bourcier to La Rata in Walla Walla
- Tony Rynders helps Open Claim Vineyards start with Chardonnay
- Seattle businessmen buy controlling interest in Walla Walla’s Abeja
- British Columbia wines golden at California’s Pacific Rim judging
- Wild Goose Vineyards Pinot Gris repeats as Cascadia best of show
- GSM among Washington’s most delicious blends
All posts by John Stang
Washington wine growers, irrigators grapple with climate change
Editor’s note: This is the first of a two-part report on the influence of climate change and how it might affect the Washington wine industry. LOPEZ ISLAND, Wash. – Brent and Maggie Charnley started their small vineyard...
- Posted October 21, 2016
2 of 3 wine-related bills fail in Washington Legislature
OLYMPIA, Wash. – Small wineries in Washington state must wait another year to get a crack on trimming some of their excise taxes. That’s because the chairman of the Washington House Commerce & Gaming committee intended to...
- Posted March 12, 2016
Washington Legislature considers special-event wine sales
OLYMPIA, Wash. — A bill is about two-thirds the way through the Washington Legislature to tackle wine sales at special events, plus selling private collections. The bill by Sen. Curtis King, R-Yakima, passed the Senate 39-8, and...
- Posted February 24, 2016
Washington wineries ask Legislature for more tasting rooms
OLYMPIA – A revived bill in the state Legislature to allow Washington wineries to operate up to four off-site tasting room is working its way through the House for a second time. The House Government & Information...
- Posted February 10, 2016
Small Washington wineries ask state for tax break
OLYMPIA, Wash. — A bill is in play to trim the excise taxes for Washington’s small wineries. Rep. Cary Condotta , R-East Wenatchee, introduced a bill to remove two of the state’s three wine-specific taxes on the...
- Posted January 29, 2016