- Union Wine Co. doubles production, adds sales reps beyond Oregon
- Abacela brings home more gold with Grenache rosé
- Individual tickets available for 32nd annual IPNC in Oregon
- Taste Washington grows attendance by 15 percent
- Deep roots in wine lead Elizabeth Bourcier to La Rata in Walla Walla
- Tony Rynders helps Open Claim Vineyards start with Chardonnay
- Seattle businessmen buy controlling interest in Walla Walla’s Abeja
- British Columbia wines golden at California’s Pacific Rim judging
- Wild Goose Vineyards Pinot Gris repeats as Cascadia best of show
- GSM among Washington’s most delicious blends
- This event has passed.
Auction of Washington Wines Picnic and Barrel Auction
August 17, 2017 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm$125
WOODINVILLE, Wash. — More than 100 winemakers in attendance make the annual Picnic and Barrel Auction at Chateau Ste. Michelle the most anticipated wine event of the summer in Washington state, and the picnic marks the beginning of the Auction of Washington Wines weekend.
Delicious bites created by the team of chefs from Tulalip Resort Casino in Marysville provide the perfect summer fare while you mingle and rub shoulders with Washington winemakers as they roam and pour tastings of their latest releases.
Craving more than just a taste? Then hop into the popular Barrel Auction, where you can experience barrel samples of yet-to-be-bottled wines. When you find one you like, place your bid on a case. Top five highest bids for each winery will be the winners and be the first to collect on this wine once it’s released.
Tickets are $125 per person; $150 for early access to the Barrel Auction. Picnic blankets are $1,250 and include eight tickets with a reserved table and seating area in a prime location.
[vimeo id=”135870745″ width=”620″ height=”360″]
Auction of Washington Wines is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization dedicated to promoting Washington wine while producing and hosting one of the most celebrated wine auctions in the country.
In the spirit of charity, the Auction of Washington Wines is pleased to provide financial support for Uncompensated Care at Seattle Children’s Hospital and to invest in viticulture and enology research and education in Washington state to help establish Washington as a world-class wine producing region.
The Auction of Washington Wines has raised more than $34 million since its inception in 1988.