- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
- This event has passed.
Bastille Day at Helvetia Winery on July 14
July 14 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm$89
Celebrate Bastille Day on July 14 at Helvetia Winery with French food, French music and an evening of French fun. Celebrate this grand day with games, music, and a sumptuous dinner prepared by chefs Jean Broquere and Sebastien Guarderas of Fine Goose in Portland.
On July 14 at the Jakob Yungen House, we will celebrate America’s independence, a historic milestone that set the stage for people all over the world to strike out against tyranny. Memorializing the historic event that followed in the footsteps of the Declaration of July 4, 1776, France celebrates its constitutional democracy on July 14. This celebration is called “La Fête de la Fédération” but most commonly “Le 14 Juillet”.
During this celebration, fireworks and parades take place all over France, but for most, it still marks the anniversary of the storming of a grand fortress, la Bastille, that was infamous for holding political prisoners, during the first moments of the French Revolution in Paris in 1789.
At the time of the French Revolution, Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité was a motto of the revolution. It was written into the 1958 Constitution and is a significant part of the French national heritage.