- Dry pink wines extend rosé trend in Pacific Northwest
- Oregon wine leader King Estate promotes winemaker Brent Stone to COO
- Metropolitan Grill in Seattle receives rare Grand Award from Wine Spectator
- Maryhill Winery preps for final concert at its amphitheater
- Washington wine research seminar set for July 11 in Woodinville
- Taste of Cascadia gathers 20 top winemakers to The Lodge at Columbia Point
- Brian Carter rosé rises to top of Washington State Wine Competition
- Tiny Grantwood Winery tops Walla Walla Valley Wine Competition
- Savor Idaho serves as delicious barometer for Idaho wine industry
- 2018 vintage for Northwest wine growers tracks ahead of hot 2015
- This event has passed.
Bastille Day at Helvetia Winery on July 14
July 14 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm$89
Celebrate Bastille Day on July 14 at Helvetia Winery with French food, French music and an evening of French fun. Celebrate this grand day with games, music, and a sumptuous dinner prepared by chefs Jean Broquere and Sebastien Guarderas of Fine Goose in Portland.
On July 14 at the Jakob Yungen House, we will celebrate America’s independence, a historic milestone that set the stage for people all over the world to strike out against tyranny. Memorializing the historic event that followed in the footsteps of the Declaration of July 4, 1776, France celebrates its constitutional democracy on July 14. This celebration is called “La Fête de la Fédération” but most commonly “Le 14 Juillet”.
During this celebration, fireworks and parades take place all over France, but for most, it still marks the anniversary of the storming of a grand fortress, la Bastille, that was infamous for holding political prisoners, during the first moments of the French Revolution in Paris in 1789.
At the time of the French Revolution, Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité was a motto of the revolution. It was written into the 1958 Constitution and is a significant part of the French national heritage.