- Dry pink wines extend rosé trend in Pacific Northwest
- Oregon wine leader King Estate promotes winemaker Brent Stone to COO
- Metropolitan Grill in Seattle receives rare Grand Award from Wine Spectator
- Maryhill Winery preps for final concert at its amphitheater
- Washington wine research seminar set for July 11 in Woodinville
- Taste of Cascadia gathers 20 top winemakers to The Lodge at Columbia Point
- Brian Carter rosé rises to top of Washington State Wine Competition
- Tiny Grantwood Winery tops Walla Walla Valley Wine Competition
- Savor Idaho serves as delicious barometer for Idaho wine industry
- 2018 vintage for Northwest wine growers tracks ahead of hot 2015
- This event has passed.
Bike Oregon Wine Country
August 23, 2015 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$29 – $79
Every Sunday in August, Bike Oregon Wine Country cycle tours explore the scenic back roads of wine country near Salem, departing from and ending at Eola Hills Wine Cellars in Rickreall, Ore.
Cyclists visit up to seven wineries — and sometimes a brewery. Some routes include stopping by a covered bridge and a ferry ride across the Willamette River. Rides vary in length, from 35-70 miles, depending on the route. Riders of all abilities are welcome, and a support vehicle is available to carry wines purchased en route or offer a lift to riders when needed.
All rides conclude with a gourmet barbecue and wine tasting back at the winery. All-inclusive, $79; barbecue only, $29.
Eola Hills Wine Cellars is one of the largest producers in Oregon. General manager/founder Tom Huggins established his vineyard and began producing wine in 1986. The winery emerged a year later 10 miles west of Salem. It features a friendly tasting room and award-winning red and white wines including Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Merlot, Zinfandel, Syrah, Pinot Gris and more.
The list of Eola Hills events includes Sunday brunch, Valentine’s dinner, Easter brunch, Mother’s Day brunch, Mariners baseball road trips, Father’s Day brunch, Memorial Day Open House, Bike Oregon Wine Country, Oregon State vs. University of Oregon Civil War Brunch, Enchanted Christmas concerts and more.