- Union Wine Co. doubles production, adds sales reps beyond Oregon
- Abacela brings home more gold with Grenache rosé
- Individual tickets available for 32nd annual IPNC in Oregon
- Taste Washington grows attendance by 15 percent
- Deep roots in wine lead Elizabeth Bourcier to La Rata in Walla Walla
- Tony Rynders helps Open Claim Vineyards start with Chardonnay
- Seattle businessmen buy controlling interest in Walla Walla’s Abeja
- British Columbia wines golden at California’s Pacific Rim judging
- Wild Goose Vineyards Pinot Gris repeats as Cascadia best of show
- GSM among Washington’s most delicious blends
- This event has passed.
Chef in the Vineyard dinner: A Tribute to John Sarich
March 14, 2015 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$150
WOODINVILLE, Wash. — Chateau Ste. Michelle will stage a tribute dinner on Saturday, March 14, for the late John Sarich, and the evening will feature some of his favorite recipes from his historic career as Ste. Michelle’s culinary director.
Executive chef Emran Chowdhury of Cantinetta Restaurants — one of John’s favorite places to dine — will participate, and ticket price includes a copy of Sarich’s cookbook Chef in the Vineyard.
Sarich died Oct. 5 of thyroid cancer. He spent his last three decades inspiring and educating people around the world with his passion for food and wine through his TV shows, cookbooks, and Chateau Ste. Michelle culinary events.
To honor his life and legacy at Chateau Ste. Michelle, the winery has established the John R. Sarich, Jr. Memorial Scholarship at the Seattle Culinary Academy to support future culinary professionals. Donations can be made online, mailed to the school or brought to the dinner to give to a representative of The Seattle Central Foundation. A portion of the proceeds from the dinner will be donated by Chateau Ste. Michelle to the scholarship.
The Seattle Central Foundation
Attn: John R. Sarich, Jr. Memorial Scholarship
1701 Broadway Ave; BE 4180
Seattle, WA 98122
Appetizers – Executive chef Janet Hedstrom
Smoked Duck breast Crostini, Chukar Cherry & Orange
Adriatica Calamari & Skordalia
Asian Crab Salad, Crispy Wonton
Tapenade, Grilled Ciabatta
First Course – Executive chef Emran Chowdhury of Cantinetta Restaurants
Braised Octopus, Chickpea Puree, Celery Vinaigrette
Second Course – Chef Kurt Olson
John’s Chicken, Uli’s Italian Sausage and Cannellini Bean Ragout with Kale & Tomatoes
Entrée – Chef Scott Harberts
Grilled Lamb “Lollipops”, Smashed Red Potatoes with Gorgonzola, Balsamic Reduction
Dessert – Chef Regina Paul-Jones
Anise & Rosemary Scented Olive Oil Cake, Whipped Cream
In accordance with Chateau Ste. Michelle event policies, all guests must be 21 and over. The culinary team also is unable to accommodate special dietary requests.