- Savor Idaho serves as delicious barometer for Idaho wine industry
- 2018 vintage for Northwest wine growers tracks ahead of hot 2015
- Auction of Washington Wines grows Private Barrel lots by 55 percent
- Parks Redwine, owner of NorthWest Wine Summit competition, dies in Atlanta
- 15 years of women in wine at Walla Walla Community College
- Union Wine Co. doubles production, adds sales reps beyond Oregon
- Abacela brings home more gold with Grenache rosé
- Individual tickets available for 32nd annual IPNC in Oregon
- Taste Washington grows attendance by 15 percent
- Deep roots in wine lead Elizabeth Bourcier to La Rata in Walla Walla
- This event has passed.
Olympic Peninsula Wineries annual Northwest Wine and Cheese Tour
May 3, 2014 @ 11:00 am - May 4, 2014 @ 5:00 pm30$
Say cheese! Or, better yet, local cheese — the culinary operative for the Olympic Peninsula Wineries’ annual Northwest Wine and Cheese Tour.
Food and wine enthusiasts are invited to enjoy sipping and savoring new wine releases and ciders paired with a variety of cheeses crafted by local artisan creameries, while reveling in the sights and sounds of nature reawakening on the scenic Olympic Peninsula.
“Washington is home to a number of award-winning cheesemakers,” says Vicki Corson, president of the Olympic Peninsula Wineries Association, “some of which are internationally renowned. During the Northwest Wine & Cheese Tour, the Olympic Peninsula Wineries and nine local creameries will treat visitors to a truly local culinary experience, with interesting pairings that provide an authentic sense of place.”
Tickets may be purchased via PayPal and at participating wineries during the event. The $30 ticket and glass package entitles you to a special commemorative wine glass, complimentary wine tasting at all nine OPW Wineries and delectable samples of cheese at each winery during the NW Wine & Cheese Weekend.
This event does not take place at one location. You travel from winery to winery, visiting the ones you are interested in exploring.
Tickets are not required to attend this event, however, a $5.00 wine tasting fee will be charged at each winery for non-ticketed visitors. You must be 21 or over to purchase tickets and/or participate in wine tasting. All ticket sales are non-refundable.
The Olympic Peninsula Wineries encourage responsible wine touring and recommend that you have a designated driver in your group. Designated drivers will be offered other beverages to drink and are invited to enjoy all cheese samples at each winery.