- Savor Idaho serves as delicious barometer for Idaho wine industry
- 2018 vintage for Northwest wine growers tracks ahead of hot 2015
- Auction of Washington Wines grows Private Barrel lots by 55 percent
- Parks Redwine, owner of NorthWest Wine Summit competition, dies in Atlanta
- 15 years of women in wine at Walla Walla Community College
- Union Wine Co. doubles production, adds sales reps beyond Oregon
- Abacela brings home more gold with Grenache rosé
- Individual tickets available for 32nd annual IPNC in Oregon
- Taste Washington grows attendance by 15 percent
- Deep roots in wine lead Elizabeth Bourcier to La Rata in Walla Walla
- This event has passed.
Otis Kenyon Winery: Public debut of Merlot
July 27, 2013 @ 12:00 pm - 6:00 pmFree
WOODINVILLE, Wash. — Otis Kenyon’s Woodinville wine tasting room, in the Applefarm Village Wine Garden across from the Hollywood Schoolhouse, will release the 2010 Merlot.
“Oh how we love this Merlot!” Spring flavors of lilac, apple blossom, fresh cut grass and eucalyptus mingle with the heartier aromas of ginger, toffee, blackberry vine, and smoke. How the autumnal components don’t overshadow the lighter notes, we do not know, but we dig it .
This Merlot is silky smooth in the mouth with great acid, plenty of dark black cherry and a touch of ash. You could pair this wine with the most decadent chocolate or a plate of capicola and figs – or, you can enjoy a glass over hours as it develops and evolves.