- Lenné Estate exudes sophistication, sense of place with Pinot Noir
- Dry pink wines extend rosé trend in Pacific Northwest
- Oregon wine leader King Estate promotes winemaker Brent Stone to COO
- Metropolitan Grill in Seattle receives rare Grand Award from Wine Spectator
- Maryhill Winery preps for final concert at its amphitheater
- Washington wine research seminar set for July 11 in Woodinville
- Taste of Cascadia gathers 20 top winemakers to The Lodge at Columbia Point
- Brian Carter rosé rises to top of Washington State Wine Competition
- Tiny Grantwood Winery tops Walla Walla Valley Wine Competition
- Savor Idaho serves as delicious barometer for Idaho wine industry
- This event has passed.
Sexy Syrah and Tantalizing Tastes at Salty’s on Alki Beach
April 26 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$50
SEATTLE — Sexy Syrah combines examples from more than 30 Washington wineries producing some of the state’s best Syrah with one of the Seattle’s best view restaurants at Salty’s on Alki Beach in West Seattle.
Tim O’Brien, corporate director of beverage for Salty’s Restaurants, and sommelier David LeClaire collaborate on the 17th year of Sexy Syrah. A portion of each ticket benefits Seattle Children’s Hospital in collaboration with John L. Scott Foundation, and tickets must be purchased in advance online via John L. Scott Foundation.
VIP Entrance: Arrive early at 5 p.m. for $65 and taste with the judges and media before the crowd arrives (limited availability).
Tickets: Must be purchased in advance online at John L. Scott Foundation
There are 29 wineries scheduled to pour, and the list includes:
Ambassador Wines Of Washington
Bunnell Family Cellar
Cuillin Hills Winery/Livin Right Wines
Five Star Cellars
Goose Ridge Estate Vineyards and Winery
Lauren Ashton Cellars
Long Road Winery
Long Shadows Vintners (pouring Sequel)
Michael Florentino Cellars
Naches Heights Vineyard
Nine Hats Wines
Robert Ramsay Cellars
Rocky Pond Winery (Chelan tasting room)
Structure Cellars Winery
The Woodhouse Wine Estates
Trevelen Farm – Great Southern Wine
Tsillan Cellars (Woodinville)
Wilridge Winery & Vineyard
Syrah is seducing wine enthusiasts who have an affection for red wines with bold spices, rich fruit and silky texture. This year, wines being poured include Syrah-based blends and rosés made with Syrah.
Salty’s executive chef Jeremy McLachlan presents an ambitious menu of appetizers designed to showcase Syrah’s outstanding affinity for food. His team offers more food for Sexy Syrah than at any other Seattle Uncorked event — one of many reasons this is a traditional sellout.