- Union Wine Co. doubles production, adds sales reps beyond Oregon
- Abacela brings home more gold with Grenache rosé
- Individual tickets available for 32nd annual IPNC in Oregon
- Taste Washington grows attendance by 15 percent
- Deep roots in wine lead Elizabeth Bourcier to La Rata in Walla Walla
- Tony Rynders helps Open Claim Vineyards start with Chardonnay
- Seattle businessmen buy controlling interest in Walla Walla’s Abeja
- British Columbia wines golden at California’s Pacific Rim judging
- Wild Goose Vineyards Pinot Gris repeats as Cascadia best of show
- GSM among Washington’s most delicious blends
- This event has passed.
Westport Winery to hold Bella Blood Drive
August 9, 2013Free
Westport Winery’s Bella Blood Drive is the best way to give the gift of life. On Friday, Aug. 9 from noon to 5 p.m., the winery will accept reservations for up to three donors every 15 minutes. Free refreshments will be provided to donors.
Those who elect to give blood will earn a bottle of Bella at half price. A portion of the proceeds from this blend of Tempranillo, Refosco, Primitivo, Barbera, Merlot and Syrah benefits the Mount Rainier Chapter of the American Red Cross and the Blood Bank.
‘Twilight’-inspired T-shirts that read “A glass a day keeps the vampires away” will be available. Basic donor criteria are available at redcrossblood.org or by calling 1-866-236-3276. Blood donors can donate every 56 days.