- Union Wine Co. doubles production, adds sales reps beyond Oregon
- Abacela brings home more gold with Grenache rosé
- Individual tickets available for 32nd annual IPNC in Oregon
- Taste Washington grows attendance by 15 percent
- Deep roots in wine lead Elizabeth Bourcier to La Rata in Walla Walla
- Tony Rynders helps Open Claim Vineyards start with Chardonnay
- Seattle businessmen buy controlling interest in Walla Walla’s Abeja
- British Columbia wines golden at California’s Pacific Rim judging
- Wild Goose Vineyards Pinot Gris repeats as Cascadia best of show
- GSM among Washington’s most delicious blends
- This event has passed.
Willamette Valley Vineyards 25th annual Grape Stomp Competition
September 19, 2015 - September 20, 2015$10
TURNER, Ore. — Willamette Valley Vineyards plays host to its 25th Annual Grape Stomp Competition and Harvest Celebration on Sept. 19-20.
Guests celebrate the joy of winemaking at the Willamette Valley Vineyards Annual Oregon Grape Stomp Competition and Harvest Celebration. Visitors from all around the country come to cheer on two-person teams of “stompers” and “swabies,” the bucket holders, as they compete for the champion title. The winning team earns a trip to Santa Rosa, Calif., to participate in the World Championship Grape Stomp.
In addition to wine tasting, this family-friendly celebration includes food pairings from the winery chef, live music, a costume contest and a kids stomp competition. The event at the estate vineyard runs Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 19-20, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Admission is $10 with the option to add a Cellar Pass to taste exclusive unreleased wines for $5.
Those looking to compete are welcome to join in the fun for $10.