- Union Wine Co. doubles production, adds sales reps beyond Oregon
- Abacela brings home more gold with Grenache rosé
- Individual tickets available for 32nd annual IPNC in Oregon
- Taste Washington grows attendance by 15 percent
- Deep roots in wine lead Elizabeth Bourcier to La Rata in Walla Walla
- Tony Rynders helps Open Claim Vineyards start with Chardonnay
- Seattle businessmen buy controlling interest in Walla Walla’s Abeja
- British Columbia wines golden at California’s Pacific Rim judging
- Wild Goose Vineyards Pinot Gris repeats as Cascadia best of show
- GSM among Washington’s most delicious blends
- This event has passed.
Willamette Valley Vineyards annual North American Truffle Dog Championship
January 17, 2016 @ 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm$60
TURNER, Ore. — Willamette Valley Vineyards continues the tradition of welcoming visitors to celebrate the bounty of its property with the Truffle Hunt and North American Truffle Dog Championship on Sunday, Jan. 17.
The estate vineyard at Willamette Valley Vineyards is best known for growing world-class grapes, but it also grows truffles on the property so the winery has partnered with the Oregon Truffle Festival to stage the North American Truffle Dog Championship.
Because truffle hunting in the field does not lend itself to spectator participation, the championship final is not open to spectators, but everyone is welcome at the awards ceremony in the afternoon.
Join us for the Joriad Awards Gala, the gateway event to the Oregon truffle season, and the inaugural food and wine event of the 2016 festival. Guests will enjoy delicious small plates featuring Oregon black and white truffles carefully paired with WVV wines while touring the our winery’s state of the art facilities.
Ticket holders to this event will get to “meet and greet” all the Joriad finalists, and witness the awarding of the championship trophy to the Joriad winner as the evening’s grand finale.
Admission is $60, $50 for Willamette Valley Vineyard’s Wine Club Members, Shareholders and their guests, and includes demonstration, food and wine pairings and awards ceremony.
Make reservations online or call 503-588-9463.