- VineLines Dispatch: Harvest surrounding Lake Chelan
- Northwest restaurateurs purchase Basel Cellars in Walla Walla
- Hayden Homes CEO buys interest in Pepper Bridge, Amavi wineries
- Walla Walla Community College to receive $15 million gift from MacKenzie Scott
- Brian Carter Cellars adds Latin influence with marketing hire
- VineLines Dispatch: A Gorgeous look at harvest
- Goose Ridge hires Peter Devison as winemaking consultant
- Tri-City winemaker Palencia partners on Culture Shock mobile catering
- Armstrong Family Winery turns Discovery Vineyard Syrah into best wine at Great Northwest Invitational
- VineLines Dispatch: Harvest of Walla Walla Valley
Book review: Dishing Up Washington
Thomson, a relative newcomer to Seattle, writes for Sunset and Edible Seattle magazines, and she has crafted a delicious and beautiful book for Storey Publishing as part of its “Dishing Up” series (which includes last year’s Dishing Up Oregon by Ashley Gartland as well as Dishing Up Vermont, Dishing Up Maine and Dishing Up Maryland).
Throughout this 288 page volume are short stories about food producers, farmers markets and profiles on restaurants. You’ll also find wine-pairing tips, and you’ll even learn how to dig for clams.
If the recipes aren’t mouthwatering enough, the photographs by Lara Ferroni will tempt you to no end.
Dishing Up Washington deserves its place among the best cookbooks focusing on Washington and Pacific Northwest cuisine.