- New Alliance of Women in Washington Wine already stands at 200 strong
- Bullocks bid goodbye to Eye of the Needle Winery in Woodinville
- VineLines Dispatch #7: That’s a wrap
- Former Oregon car dealer gears up with Jachter Family Wines
- VineLines Dispatch: 6 Vineyards at Work
- L’Ecole Nº 41 to create wine bar at Marcus Whitman Hotel
- VineLines Dispatch: Harvest surrounding Lake Chelan
- Northwest restaurateurs purchase Basel Cellars in Walla Walla
- Hayden Homes CEO buys interest in Pepper Bridge, Amavi wineries
- Walla Walla Community College to receive $15 million gift from MacKenzie Scott
Patterson Cellars 2008 BDX, Columbia Valley, $32
Woodinville wine country is basically divided into two areas: the warehouse district and the Hollywood district. Patterson Cellars is one of the few wineries (and perhaps the only) to bridge the gap between the friendly rivals and have a tasting room in both locations. This red wine is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon (63%), Cabernet Franc (26%) and Merlot. It opens with aromas of alder smoke, Bing cherry and Earl Grey tea, followed by delicious flavors of boysenberry and black cherry with hints of lilac and lavender. Sturdy tannins back up all the fruit.
Production: This wine is sold out at the winery, though it has 1.5 and 3 liter bottles available.