- VineLines Dispatch: September to remember on Red Mountain
- VineLines Dispatch: Woodinville crushes through smoke, pandemic
- Sweet 16th AVA in Washington belongs to Candy Mountain
- H3 2016 Cab rides off as Washington State Wine Competition best of show
- Elephant 7 soars with Yellow Bird Vineyard Grenache at Walla Walla Valley Wine Competition
- Dunham Cellars in Walla Walla raises $15,049 for suicide prevention
- USA Today readers vote Walla Walla Valley as America’s Best Wine Region
- Williamson Vineyards young Albariño rises to top of 2020 Idaho Wine Competition
- 2020 vintage for Northwest tracks dry, warm but not hot
- 5 Idaho wineries to pour at drive-in theater
Patterson Cellars 2008 BDX, Columbia Valley, $32
Woodinville wine country is basically divided into two areas: the warehouse district and the Hollywood district. Patterson Cellars is one of the few wineries (and perhaps the only) to bridge the gap between the friendly rivals and have a tasting room in both locations. This red wine is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon (63%), Cabernet Franc (26%) and Merlot. It opens with aromas of alder smoke, Bing cherry and Earl Grey tea, followed by delicious flavors of boysenberry and black cherry with hints of lilac and lavender. Sturdy tannins back up all the fruit.
Production: This wine is sold out at the winery, though it has 1.5 and 3 liter bottles available.