- VineLines Dispatch: Harvest surrounding Lake Chelan
- Northwest restaurateurs purchase Basel Cellars in Walla Walla
- Hayden Homes CEO buys interest in Pepper Bridge, Amavi wineries
- Walla Walla Community College to receive $15 million gift from MacKenzie Scott
- Brian Carter Cellars adds Latin influence with marketing hire
- VineLines Dispatch: A Gorgeous look at harvest
- Goose Ridge hires Peter Devison as winemaking consultant
- Tri-City winemaker Palencia partners on Culture Shock mobile catering
- Armstrong Family Winery turns Discovery Vineyard Syrah into best wine at Great Northwest Invitational
- VineLines Dispatch: Harvest of Walla Walla Valley
Vintage Oregon grand tasting canceled
PORTLAND – The Oregon Wine Board is canceling Vintage Oregon, a tasting event that was to kick off Oregon Wine Month.
The event was to take place April 28 at Leftbank Annex. Staff at the Oregon Wine Board learned that other events scheduled at Leftbank Annex were having difficulty receiving permits from the city of Portland.
After looking at more than 40 other potential venues and being unable to find one that would work for Vintage Oregon, the board was forced to cancel this year’s event, said Charles Humble, director of communications and interactive media for the Oregon Wine Board.
“We regret that we’ve had to make this decision, but we are pushing forward with Oregon Wine Month in May and plan to host Vintage Oregon in 2014,” he said.