- New Alliance of Women in Washington Wine already stands at 200 strong
- Bullocks bid goodbye to Eye of the Needle Winery in Woodinville
- VineLines Dispatch #7: That’s a wrap
- Former Oregon car dealer gears up with Jachter Family Wines
- VineLines Dispatch: 6 Vineyards at Work
- L’Ecole Nº 41 to create wine bar at Marcus Whitman Hotel
- VineLines Dispatch: Harvest surrounding Lake Chelan
- Northwest restaurateurs purchase Basel Cellars in Walla Walla
- Hayden Homes CEO buys interest in Pepper Bridge, Amavi wineries
- Walla Walla Community College to receive $15 million gift from MacKenzie Scott
Cottonwood Winery of Oregon 2007 Raya Jade Syrah, Yakima Valley, $15
Best Buy! This Willamette Valley winery brought in grapes from Crawford near the Yakima Valley town of Prosser, a vineyard that consistently provides great fruit to wineries across the Pacific Northwest. And this wine is a stunner. It opens with aromas of spicy plums, cordial cherries and bacon, followed by rich flavors of blackberry, boysenberry syrup and sizzling ham. It’s all backed with tannins that show a bit of rippling muscle – just enough to give us the structure we want for a great meal. At this price, the Cottonwood Syrah is a wine to buy by the case.
Distribution: Available from the winery and in restaurants, grocers and specialty shops in Oregon and Washington.