- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Cottonwood Winery of Oregon 2007 Raya Jade Syrah, Yakima Valley, $15
Best Buy! This Willamette Valley winery brought in grapes from Crawford near the Yakima Valley town of Prosser, a vineyard that consistently provides great fruit to wineries across the Pacific Northwest. And this wine is a stunner. It opens with aromas of spicy plums, cordial cherries and bacon, followed by rich flavors of blackberry, boysenberry syrup and sizzling ham. It’s all backed with tannins that show a bit of rippling muscle – just enough to give us the structure we want for a great meal. At this price, the Cottonwood Syrah is a wine to buy by the case.
Distribution: Available from the winery and in restaurants, grocers and specialty shops in Oregon and Washington.