- New Alliance of Women in Washington Wine already stands at 200 strong
- Bullocks bid goodbye to Eye of the Needle Winery in Woodinville
- VineLines Dispatch #7: That’s a wrap
- Former Oregon car dealer gears up with Jachter Family Wines
- VineLines Dispatch: 6 Vineyards at Work
- L’Ecole Nº 41 to create wine bar at Marcus Whitman Hotel
- VineLines Dispatch: Harvest surrounding Lake Chelan
- Northwest restaurateurs purchase Basel Cellars in Walla Walla
- Hayden Homes CEO buys interest in Pepper Bridge, Amavi wineries
- Walla Walla Community College to receive $15 million gift from MacKenzie Scott
Alexandria Nicole Cellars 2012 Late Harvest Riesling, Horse Heaven Hills, $14
Best Buy! Jarrod and Ali Boyle have it all going on. They own and operate a gorgeous estate vineyard in the southern Horse Heaven Hills overlooking the Columbia River. The run tasting rooms on both sides of the Cascades (Prosser and Woodinville. And they are making some killer wines. This late-harvest Riesling is anything but a simple slurper. It reveals a gorgeous nose of spice, violet, agave nectar, apricot and tangerine, followed by flavors of lavender lemonade, baked apple and Tahitian vanilla. It’s 3.9% residual sugar, but you might never know it, as the acidity keeps up perfectly with the sweetness. The delicate flavors of lilac and dried mango in the finish help make this a delicious wine with mild curries.
Distribution: Alexandria Nicole tasting rooms in Prosser and Woodinville and through Click Distributing.