- VineLines Dispatch: September to remember on Red Mountain
- VineLines Dispatch: Woodinville crushes through smoke, pandemic
- Sweet 16th AVA in Washington belongs to Candy Mountain
- H3 2016 Cab rides off as Washington State Wine Competition best of show
- Elephant 7 soars with Yellow Bird Vineyard Grenache at Walla Walla Valley Wine Competition
- Dunham Cellars in Walla Walla raises $15,049 for suicide prevention
- USA Today readers vote Walla Walla Valley as America’s Best Wine Region
- Williamson Vineyards young Albariño rises to top of 2020 Idaho Wine Competition
- 2020 vintage for Northwest tracks dry, warm but not hot
- 5 Idaho wineries to pour at drive-in theater
Alexandria Nicole Cellars 2012 Late Harvest Riesling, Horse Heaven Hills, $14
Best Buy! Jarrod and Ali Boyle have it all going on. They own and operate a gorgeous estate vineyard in the southern Horse Heaven Hills overlooking the Columbia River. The run tasting rooms on both sides of the Cascades (Prosser and Woodinville. And they are making some killer wines. This late-harvest Riesling is anything but a simple slurper. It reveals a gorgeous nose of spice, violet, agave nectar, apricot and tangerine, followed by flavors of lavender lemonade, baked apple and Tahitian vanilla. It’s 3.9% residual sugar, but you might never know it, as the acidity keeps up perfectly with the sweetness. The delicate flavors of lilac and dried mango in the finish help make this a delicious wine with mild curries.
Distribution: Alexandria Nicole tasting rooms in Prosser and Woodinville and through Click Distributing.