- Bullocks bid goodbye to Eye of the Needle Winery in Woodinville
- VineLines Dispatch #7: That’s a wrap
- Former Oregon car dealer gears up with Jachter Family Wines
- VineLines Dispatch: 6 Vineyards at Work
- L’Ecole Nº 41 to create wine bar at Marcus Whitman Hotel
- VineLines Dispatch: Harvest surrounding Lake Chelan
- Northwest restaurateurs purchase Basel Cellars in Walla Walla
- Hayden Homes CEO buys interest in Pepper Bridge, Amavi wineries
- Walla Walla Community College to receive $15 million gift from MacKenzie Scott
- Brian Carter Cellars adds Latin influence with marketing hire
Cottonwood Winery 2011 Marina Piper Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley, $20
Phil and Aaron Lieberman are the father-son duo behind this superb Pinot Noir. Aaron is the winemaker, and he brings experience from Amity, De Ponte, Walnut City Winemakers, Owen Roe and Iris. This delicious red uses grapes from Winter’s Hill in the Dundee Hills, Nicholas Vineyard in the Chehalem Mountains and his estate Cottonwood Meadows Vineyard in the Eola-Amity Hills. It opens with aromas of raspberry, cranberry, blood orange and sandalwood, followed by flavors of cherry, truffle oil and leather. It’s all backed with silky tannins and moderate acidity.
Production: 1,140 cases
Distribution: Available at the winery, as well as in selected restaurants, grocers and specialty shops in Oregon and Washington.