- Auction of Washington Wines names Jamie Peha as executive director
- Auction of Washington Wines selects 2019 honorary grower, vintner
- Cabernet Sauvignon production grows by 29 percent in Washington wine industry
- Purity, sophistication at play on Youngberg Hill in McMinnville
- March enters as lion for Columbia Valley vineyards
- Ste. Michelle books 27 shows for Summer Concert Series
- Vancouver USA wineries set table for Savor SW WA Wine
- Young AVA launches Lewis-Clark Valley Wine Festival
- Wine Marketing Roundtable set for April 8 in Walla Walla
- Woodinville photojournalist debuts VineLines Dispatch
Mission Hill winery brings top music acts to British Columbia
WEST KELOWNA, British Columbia — Bud break in the Pacific Northwest has been followed by wineries announcing their summer concert schedules, and Mission Hill Family Estate — British Columbia’s most majestic winery facility — released an impressive lineup that includes country star LeAnn Rimes.
Tickets went on sale Wednesday for the 2013 season at the winery’s 1,000-seat amphitheater in Kelowna. The series begins Friday, July 12 with Grammy award-winning trumpeter Chris Botti. The native of Portland, Ore., blows his horn the next night at Chateau Ste. Michelle in Woodinville, Wash.
On the following night, Rimes, is scheduled to sing. The Sunday, July 28 show is in support of her new release Spitfire.
Pink Martini, a longtime fan of the Northwest wine industry, is the final act scheduled this season at Mission Hill. The group with deep roots in Portland will play Friday, Aug. 9. It also is reportedly the first Okanagan Valley performance for the 13-member, multilingual group led by vocalist China Forbes.
Ticket packages that include dinner on the terrace, seating in the Loggia Wine Lounge or pre-concert reception are available. Concert seats start at $99.