- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Abacela 2012 Albariño, Umpqua Valley, $18
Earl and Hilda Jones helped pioneer this Spanish white variety some 15 years ago, and they continue to make one of the best examples. This opens with exotic aromas of jasmine, lychee and Asian pear, followed by inviting flavors of pear, apple and kumquat, all backed with bracing acidity and a brisk lime finish. A perfect wine to pair with crab cakes.
Production: 1,113 cases