- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Willamette Valley Vineyards 2012 Riesling, Willamette Valley, $14
Best Buy! Last year, Don Crank marked his 10th anniversary of working for Jim Bernau at the Turner, Ore., winery, and this semi-sweet version ranks with the largest bottlings of this noble white in the state. Aromas are reminsicent of ripe Barlett pear, peach and apple pie spice. There’s a delicious blend of ambrosia salad and agave nectar on the rich palate. The residual sugar is at 3.3%, but frothy lemon/lime acidity gives it remarkable length. Crank, a noted foodie, enjoys this with truffle popcorn.
Production: 16,590 cases