- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Chateau Ste. Michelle and Dr. Loosen 2012 Eroica Riesling, Columbia Valley, $20
Here marks the 14th vintage of this special collaboration between famed German producer and Chateau Ste. Michelle, a production that help spark excitement in Riesling within the United States. Vineyard sources lead with Viewcrest and the estate Horse Heaven, but the list of contributing sites includes Lawrence, Zillah Ranch, Gamache, Jacona, Archie Den Hoed and Tsillan Cellars. They bring pretty aromas of dusty apples and pears, rosewater, cloves and herbs. There’s great balance on the palate with Golden Delicious apple and Asian pear flavors, backed by yellow grapefruit to make for a juicy finish to the 1.7% residual sugar.
Production: 31,000 cases