- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
San Juan Vineyards 2010 Sangiovese, Yakima Valley, $28
Island winemaker Chris Primus continues to produce excellent red wines from the Yakima Valley for founding owner Yvonne Swanberg. Their take on this workhorse Italian variety opens with aromas dark cherry, fresh cranberry, chocolate, black pepper and facial powder. The palate brings the abundant, food-friendly acidity that one expects from Sangiovese, starting with red currant and cherry. It is backed by chocolaty tannin and pomegranate acidity, a structure that comes with rounded edges and delivers good length to the finish.
Production: 267 cases