- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
10 Chardonnays to start 2014
Vino La Monarcha 2012 Chardonnay, Columbia Valley, $15
Best Buy! Victor Palencia shows the potential of often-overlooked Frenchman Hills Vineyard near Royal City, Wash., with this stunningly beautiful and reasonably priced Chardonnay. The nose is clean and bright with lemon, Golden Delicious apple, butterscotch, larch needle and inviting herbal notes. It’s delicious, lively and loaded with tropical flavors of pineapple, mango and guava along with dried apple. There’s richness to the mouth feel and great length, capped off with a finish of Asian pear tartness. Look for these wines at Palencia Wine Company’s new tasting room in the Walla Walla airport district.
Production: 100 cases