- Amelia Wynn 2016 Grenache wins Washington State Wine Competition
- Zerba Cellars 2016 Wild Z wins Walla Walla wine competition
- Apples to grapes: The path to the Lake Chelan AVA
- Maryhill, Gehringer Bros. stand tall at INDY International judging
- Alloro Vineyard weaves New World with Old in Chehalem Mountains
- Koenig Vineyards in Idaho stays local with sale to Nederends
- VineLines Dispatch: Tasting rooms spring up across Washington, Oregon
- 2019 vintage off to warm start in Northwest vineyards
- From apples to grapes: Lake Chelan AVA turns 10
- I Love Gamay festival helps kick off Oregon Wine Month
Looking for a quick lasagna dish to go with a hearty red wine? Looking to reduce the amount of meat you’re eating? This lasagna does both. It comes together in just a few minutes.
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 10-ounce packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 7-ounce package of prepared pesto
- 4 cups pasta sauce
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 cups grated Cougar Gold or other favorite cheese
- In a medium bowl, blend ricotta and Parmesan. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir in egg. In another medium bowl, blend spinach and pesto.
- In a 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish, spray or brush with oil. Spread 1 cup pasta sauce. Arrange three noodles side by side on top of sauce. Spread 1 1/4 cups cheese mixture on top of noodles. Spread one-third of spinach mixture on top of cheese mixture. Repeat layering with sauce, noodles, cheese and spinach two more times, then top with remaining three noodles and 1 cup sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Cover lasagna with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with Cougar Gold or other favorite cheese. Bake about 15 more minutes, until sauce bubbles and cheese on top is melted.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Note: Add another layer of flavor by adding sautéed mushrooms or caramelized onions.