- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
It’s barbecue season, so break out the summer reds
Buried Cane 2012 Roughout Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley, $14
Best Buy! This consumer-minded brand of Middleton Family Wines has thrived under the young hands of Brian Rudin, a native of Wenatchee, Wash., who recently was hired away by renowned Duckhorn Wine Co. Here’s a tasty legacy named for a woodcarving practice, and there are oak notes of espresso and cocoa with dark plum and barbecue chip seasoning. The drink is supremely balanced with a theme of black cherry, blackberry and chocolate. Moderate tannins from the Merlot (20%) and a bite of black olive give it great length.
Production: 4,769 cases