- VineLines Dispatch: September to remember on Red Mountain
- VineLines Dispatch: Woodinville crushes through smoke, pandemic
- Sweet 16th AVA in Washington belongs to Candy Mountain
- H3 2016 Cab rides off as Washington State Wine Competition best of show
- Elephant 7 soars with Yellow Bird Vineyard Grenache at Walla Walla Valley Wine Competition
- Dunham Cellars in Walla Walla raises $15,049 for suicide prevention
- USA Today readers vote Walla Walla Valley as America’s Best Wine Region
- Williamson Vineyards young Albariño rises to top of 2020 Idaho Wine Competition
- 2020 vintage for Northwest tracks dry, warm but not hot
- 5 Idaho wineries to pour at drive-in theater
Picnic and Barrel Auction raises funds for Children’s Hospital, WSU
WOODINVILLE, Wash. — More than 100 winemakers poured during the Auction of Washington Wines’ Picnic and Barrel Auction on Thursday, Aug. 14, 2014, at Chateau Ste. Michelle in Woodinville.
Chefs from Tulalip Resort Casino in Marysville provided small bites as guests rubbed shoulders with Washington winemakers and bid on barrel samples from 23 wineries. The top five highest bids for each wine will receive a case of that wine once it’s released.
A ticket cost $125 per person, and proceeds provide financial support for uncompensated care at Seattle Children’s Hospital and to invest in viticulture and enology research and education at Washington State University. The 2014 barrel auction and picnic generated $93,000, a record amount and an increase of $21,000 from last year.
Auction of Washington Wines is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization dedicated to promoting Washington wine while producing and hosting one of the most celebrated wine auctions in the country. The Auction of Washington Wines has raised more than $30 million since its inception in 1988.