- New Alliance of Women in Washington Wine already stands at 200 strong
- Bullocks bid goodbye to Eye of the Needle Winery in Woodinville
- VineLines Dispatch #7: That’s a wrap
- Former Oregon car dealer gears up with Jachter Family Wines
- VineLines Dispatch: 6 Vineyards at Work
- L’Ecole Nº 41 to create wine bar at Marcus Whitman Hotel
- VineLines Dispatch: Harvest surrounding Lake Chelan
- Northwest restaurateurs purchase Basel Cellars in Walla Walla
- Hayden Homes CEO buys interest in Pepper Bridge, Amavi wineries
- Walla Walla Community College to receive $15 million gift from MacKenzie Scott
Picnic and Barrel Auction raises funds for Children’s Hospital, WSU
WOODINVILLE, Wash. — More than 100 winemakers poured during the Auction of Washington Wines’ Picnic and Barrel Auction on Thursday, Aug. 14, 2014, at Chateau Ste. Michelle in Woodinville.
Chefs from Tulalip Resort Casino in Marysville provided small bites as guests rubbed shoulders with Washington winemakers and bid on barrel samples from 23 wineries. The top five highest bids for each wine will receive a case of that wine once it’s released.
A ticket cost $125 per person, and proceeds provide financial support for uncompensated care at Seattle Children’s Hospital and to invest in viticulture and enology research and education at Washington State University. The 2014 barrel auction and picnic generated $93,000, a record amount and an increase of $21,000 from last year.
Auction of Washington Wines is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization dedicated to promoting Washington wine while producing and hosting one of the most celebrated wine auctions in the country. The Auction of Washington Wines has raised more than $30 million since its inception in 1988.