- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Riesling a Great Northwest Wine
Sawtooth Winery 2012 Estate Riesling, Snake River Valley, $12
Best Buy! Idaho’s largest production of Riesling outside of sister property Ste. Chapelle takes on a more Alsace approach, starting with aromas of petrol, baked apple, kiwi and lemon. The residual sugar of 2.4% takes this down a path akin to late harvest at the start, but there’s plenty of acidity to balance as the flavor profile features peach, apricot and lingering lime.
Production: 4,200 cases