- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Riesling a Great Northwest Wine
Lagana Cellars 2013 Sagemoor Vineyards Riesling, Columbia Valley, $16
Some quality Riesling became available at this historic Columbia River vineyard when Gallo bought Columbia Winery and decided not to get in the Riesling game. Walla Walla winemaker Jason Fox seized the opportunity created a wine that he fashioned as an Alsatian in style. Granny Smith apple and Red Haven peach aromas pick up some yeastiness from the two months of surlie aging in stainless steel. The flavor profile features tart apple, lemon juice and minerality as the residual sugar finishes a touch below 1%. This former Indiana chef debuted with two white wines for last year’s vintage, and they both received silver medals at the 2014 Walla Walla Valley Wine Competition.
Production: 275 cases