- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Riesling a Great Northwest Wine
Latah Creek Wine Cellars 2012 Familigia Vineyards Sweet Riesling, Ancient Lakes of Columbia Valley, $13
Best Buy! For the first time in his 32-year history, founding winemaker Mike Conway produced a wine labeled as Sweet Riesling. The George, Wash., vineyard allowed for aromas of petrol, pineapple, apple and lemon curd, followed by flavors along the lines of juicy Bartlett pear, peach pie filling and pineapple. Its late-harvest approach with 7% residual sugar should make it an easy pairing with Ellena Conway’s Sweet Riesling-Soaked Grape Cake.
Production: 315 cases