- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Riesling a Great Northwest Wine
Three Rivers Winery 2013 Riesling, Columbia Valley, $15
Best Buy! Bacchus Vineyard near Ringold Springs along the Columbia River produced all of the Riesling for this Foley Family brand in Walla Walla, and the Sept. 18 harvest set the stage for an off-dry style. Its fanciful nose offers hints of Granny Smith apple, lime and dusty minerality. There’s some viscosity on the palate, which carries flavors of honeyed pear and apricot cobbler, backed by a sprinkle of ground clove and a shot of lime juice to balance the residual sugar of 2.3%. This earned a silver medal at the 2014 Walla Walla Valley Wine Competition.
Production: 272 cases