- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Riesling a Great Northwest Wine
Brandborg Vineyard & Winery 2012 Oregon Riesling, Elkton, $16
Terry Brandborg and the late John Bradley collaborated on this historic production — the first bottling to carry the Elkton American Viticultural Area on the label. Bradley Vineyard berries helped create aromas of ripe apple and pear, jasmine, lavender and a whiff of diesel. Freshly cut Granny Smith apple slices and tangy Thompson Seedless flavors validate its “dry” listing on the International Riesling Foundation scale as the zippy and savory finish brings together lemony acidity and lingering slate notes. Click here to learn more about the life of Bradley, who passed away suddenly earlier in 2014.
Production: 550 cases