- VineLines Dispatch: September to remember on Red Mountain
- VineLines Dispatch: Woodinville crushes through smoke, pandemic
- Sweet 16th AVA in Washington belongs to Candy Mountain
- H3 2016 Cab rides off as Washington State Wine Competition best of show
- Elephant 7 soars with Yellow Bird Vineyard Grenache at Walla Walla Valley Wine Competition
- Dunham Cellars in Walla Walla raises $15,049 for suicide prevention
- USA Today readers vote Walla Walla Valley as America’s Best Wine Region
- Williamson Vineyards young Albariño rises to top of 2020 Idaho Wine Competition
- 2020 vintage for Northwest tracks dry, warm but not hot
- 5 Idaho wineries to pour at drive-in theater
Woodinville Wine Country offers money-saving Insider Pass
WOODINVILLE, Wash. — The wine wonderland of Woodinville has grown beyond 100 tasting room options, and consumers have an opportunity to take advantage of significant discounts on three marquee events with Woodinville Wine Country’s new Insider Pass.
The $95 pass allows its holder access to the Hollywood Hill Block Party on Friday, Sept. 19, the Nick at Night Holiday Tasting on Friday, Dec. 5, and the St. Nick’s Open House Weekend on Dec. 6-7.
If purchased individually, the cost to attend all three would be $160. However, the deadline to purchase the Insider’s Pass is Sept. 18.
The Hollywood Hill Block Party features wine tasting from 5-9 p.m. at 25 participating wineries and an after party from 8-10 p.m. at Hollywood Schoolhouse featuring X-Factor finalist LeRoy Bell. This is an 21+ only event. Cost is $35 on the day of event if purchased separately.
Nick at Night Holiday Tasting kicks off the St. Nick’s Open House Weekend and is held at Molbak’s from 7-9:30 p.m. Many of Woodinville’s top wineries gather under one roof to showcase their best wines. Cost is $60 if purchased separately.
The St. Nick’s Open House Weekend runs noon to 5 p.m. on Dec. 6-7 and spotlights more than 40 participating Woodinville wineries. Cost for the pass is $65 if purchased separately. The Insider’s Pass is available via Brown Paper Tickets.
JM, Novelty Hill, Patterson partner for Get Crushed!
On Saturday, Oct. 11, three elite members of Woodinville Wine Country will be collaborating for a free experience called Get Crushed.
JM Cellars, Novelty Hill/Januik and Patterson Cellars will provide visitors the opportunity to watch the beehive of activity on the crush pad as winemakers and cellarworkers bring in grapes, send them through the sorting table, into the crusher/destemmer and begin fermentation.
Get Crushed is a self-guided tour that starts at any one of these three wineries and continues to the next:
• JM Cellars, 14404 137th Place NE, Woodinville, Wash., 98072
• Novelty Hill/Januik, 14710 Woodinville-Redmond Road NE, Woodinville, Wash., 98072
• Patterson Cellars, 19501 144th Ave. NE, D-600, Woodinville, Wash., 98072
The single-day opportunity runs noon to 5 p.m. There is no charge to visit the wineries and watch from the sidelines. Special tastings and programs at other neighboring wineries will also will be offered throughout the day, and some fees may apply.
Woodinville, 25 minutes northeast of downtown Seattle, is home to more than 100 wineries and tasting rooms representing not only Washington but also Oregon.